Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Be Strong in the Lord

"For thus says the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel: 'In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and confidence shall be your strength.'"
(Isaiah 30:15)

Look at the key words: Returning. Rest. Quietness. Confidence. These essential words lead us to salvation and strength.

Return to your Lord. Is He your first love? That's a struggle, isn't it? We are pulled in so many directions, but, placing Him first causes everything else to fall into place. I promise...

Rest. Menuchah (meh-noo-chah). This refers to a place of stillness, consolation, peace, a quiet place. Now, that's what I'm talkin' about. I LONG for a place of stillness.

When I return to the Lord and rest in his presence, I will be saved - delivered from a difficult time of anguish, or despair, or impossibility.

"In quietness and confidence shall be your strength." Resting quietly before the Father; being still and realizing your confidence is in the Great I AM - confidence in his mercy, in His faithfulness and His love. Confidence in His power to save.

"Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might."

Ah... blessed strength.

Father, Your love amazes me. We make everything so complicated and You make everything so simple. Forgive us for complicating Your promises. We are a stubborn people - I'm sure You are fully aware of that! Help us realize that we need only to return, to rest quietly before You and find confidence in Who You really are. You, Lord, are our strength.

2 comments :

  1. I think this is why I love peace and quiet to think and relax and be alone with God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! There is definitely something special about lying in those green pastures beside the still waters. He meets us in the quiet place.

    ReplyDelete