Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Waiting Hopefully

"Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!"
(Psalm 27:14)


I LOVE this verse. "Wait on the Lord!" I have learned over the years that this waiting does not refer to standing rigid, arms crossed, foot tapping, eyes rolling in frustration kind of waiting. This kind of waiting is qavah (kah-vah). It is Hebrew meaning to wait for, look for, expect, hope, to wait hopefully.

Once you begin to KNOW the Lord - not just about Him - you can begin to embrace the concept of 'qavah' - waiting hopefully. You are His child. He is Your God. He loves you with an everlasting love! His heart is turned towards you - His child. Oh my goodness - what comfort I take in these thoughts!

The Lord tells us to "be of good courage and He shall strengthen your heart." We CAN be of good courage as we wait because our waiting is rooted in the knowledge that our God knows our needs, our dreams, our heart's desire long before we express them.

To wait in faith, expectantly, full of hope, requires confidence - confidence comes from KNOWING the One in Whom you have placed your trust.

And knowing Him is the best part. He is totally awesome.

Yes, Lord, You ARE totally awesome. Thank you for teaching me to wait - HOPEFULLY!! And thank you for forgiving me when I forget this lesson and grow impatient or fearful or even angry in my frustration. Your mercy is so appreciated. I love you.

2 comments :

  1. Wow! I needed this today! After reading and praying the prayer, I feel better. :)

    Thank you for the blessing that you give to me and to all who read your devotions.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete