Friday, April 9, 2010

Strength for the Journey

"Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus, therefore, being wearied from His journey, sat thus by the well. It was about the sixth hour."
(John 4:6)


Jesus grew weary from the journey. I don't know about you, but that gives me encouragement. Even the Son of God grew weary. It doesn't mean He gave up. It doesn't mean He stopped thinking of others (on the contrary, He ministered to the Samaritan woman at the well, even though he was weary from His journey) and He certainly didn't forget about His purpose. It merely means that He grew weary and needed refreshment. He sat by the well - He sought refreshment from the water.

That is the lesson. When we grow weary, our spirit is signaling that we need to stop and drink - drink from the Living Water of God's Word. Lap it up with joy. Allow the Holy Spirit to refresh you, encourage and strengthen you.

Lord, I need the refreshment of Your Living Water cascading over my weary soul. Strengthen me. Encourage me with Your love, your faithfulness. Thank you, Lord. I love You.

No comments :

Post a Comment