Monday, April 26, 2010

The Profound Love of Jesus

"Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your name these whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are." ~ Jesus
(John 17:11)


Isn't this beautiful? Jesus is praying for US. And He does it so sweetly, with such concern for His disciples. Look at how he speaks to the Father, "...and I come to You." That phrase blesses me beyond words. He says, "Father, I come to You on behalf of my disciples because, even though I am leaving this world, they are not. They need You, Father." I can feel His love in a profound way here.

Jesus asks His Father to keep us through His Name. Keep. Phroureo (froo-reh-oh). This is a military term. Picture a soldier standing guard as protection against the enemy. The Lord understands the battles we face in this world. Jesus is asking the Father to stand guard over us and keep us safe.

What a comforting thought. Do you feel loved or what?

Jesus, Thank You so much for Your love. It amazes me. It blesses me beyond measure. May we be strong in the face of our enemies, knowing that You, Lord, are standing guard, keeping us safe. We are not alone - Hallelujah!

No comments :

Post a Comment