Sunday, April 11, 2010

What Does the Lord Require of You?

"He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?"
(Micah 6:8)


This is one of those go-to verses I use when I'm faced with a decision but don't know which way to turn. This verse states very clearly what God requires of us: to do (or live) justly, love mercy and walk humbly with God.

Clearly stated. Simple in concept.

When I don't know which way to turn I step out of the confusion, consider the situation, then make sure my decision lines up with these requirements. Is this decision an honest one? Does it reflect mercy, compassion and faithfulness? Is the decision and its outcome submitted to the authority and sovereignty of God, my Father?

Satan wants to make obedience complicated, but God desires our obedience and clearly states His expectations. Trust Him. Follow His instructions and He will direct your paths.

And always remember: God LEADS us. He never DRIVES us to do anything.

Lord, just like I want my own children to obey me, You desire the same of us. I want them to obey me because they love me and respect me. I believe this is Your heart also. And, just like I make my expectations clear to my children so they can understand what it is I am asking, You do the same. Forgive us for making it so complicated - for hiding behind excuses of not knowing Your will. We need only to ask, then listen, then obey - trusting that You will keep our feet on that narrow path that leads to You. Blessed be Your Name, Lord God!

2 comments :

  1. Beautiful blog. I love the title Morning Glory, too. You have done a great job here and a great service for the Lord. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much and...TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!! It is my prayer that the words of my heart will encourage my readers today and give them hope for tomorrow.
    Bless you, Barb!
    Nan

    ReplyDelete