Monday, April 5, 2010

I Press On

"Not that I have already obtained it or am already perfected but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me."
(Philippians 3:12)


But I press on. Why? That I may lay hold of that which Jesus has obtained for me. Certainly, He has obtained the gift of salvation, life everlasting for me. But, is there more? What plan does He have for me? What is my purpose in this life? Can I really walk hand in hand with my God?

'I press on' requires action, intention. Maturing in our faith doesn't just happen because we wish it so. We must decide to set our hearts on the things of God. When difficulties come, as they surely will, we have a choice to make: either throw our hands up in a tantrum and stomp our feet OR determine to PRESS ON through the storm. Knowing that we are not alone, knowing that the Light of Christ will light our path through the darkness.

And even if we stomp our feet a little while we're pressing on, our Heavenly Father is big enough to handle it. No problem...as long as you're still pressing on.

Father, what a mighty God You are. Teach us to press on when we feel like giving up. Help us to mature in our faith so that we know the God in Whom we have believed. Give us purpose, determination...and forgive us when we stomp our feet in frustration.

No comments :

Post a Comment