Friday, April 16, 2010

What a Mighty God We Serve!

"For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him."
(2 Chronicles 16:9)

Are you exhausted? Overwhelmed? Do you feel alone or afraid?

Beloved, I have good news for you. The eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth looking for a hurting child just like you. He wants to show you His strength, His power - His love.

The second part of this verse should not be overlooked or quickly scanned. The instruction is that God shows Himself strong "on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him." Psalm 34:17 says, "The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and His ears are open to their cry." Hallelujah! Thank you, Lord.

When our hearts are completely devoted to the Lord, we are blessed by Him. Our devotion places us within His protection, His provision. Loyalty means you are sold out to the One Who made you. You are completely His - failures and all. A loyal heart works to maintain a full commitment to Him at all times.

I want the Lord, my God, to show Himself strong on my behalf. I take great comfort - even joy - knowing that He is aware of my needs and that He desires to meet them in a powerful way. The next time you look up at the heavens take a minute and let yourself imagine that the Most High God is, at that very moment, looking to and fro, watching, to see if you need Him.

Amazing. Simply amazing.

Oh Lord God, I need You so much. My weaknesses, my insecurities want to overwhelm me. Things of the world pull at me to interrupt my devotion to You. Forgive me, Lord. I want my heart to please You. I want it to tell of Your faithfulness. I want to bless You with my devotion - to honor You in all things. Thank You for waiting eagerly to come to my rescue. I love You, Lord.

No comments :

Post a Comment