Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Walk in Joy

"I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness."
(Isaiah 61:10)


"Greatly rejoice in the Lord" - sus (soos)! Sus is described as a "pervasive, irresistible joy." Can you imagine being so thankful for the Lord that you can't contain yourself - every fiber of your being bubbling over with blissful joy - deep down joy that is not contingent on circumstances?

God has given us joy unspeakable. It is a gift, but we must decide to open the gift. Isaiah said, "I WILL greatly rejoice." Why? Because He has clothed us with salvation and righteousness! We CHOOSE to walk in joy, thankful to the God of our salvation.

Now that is something to get happy about!

Lord, I WILL rejoice in You. You are an awesome God, full of power and compassion towards your children. Thank you for clothing me in salvation and righteousness. Fill me with a pervasive, irresistible joy - joy that overflows into a hurting world. You, Lord, are my joy and that makes me smile.

No comments :

Post a Comment