Friday, May 7, 2010

He is Worthy to be Praised!

"I will love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies."
(Psalm 18:1-3)


When I say these words I feel immediate release from the anxieties that plague me. This scripture reminds me of the One in Whom I have placed my trust. There is power in saying, "I love You, O Lord, my strength!"

King David offers gentle instruction here, if we'll open our ears to hear. He says, "The Lord is WORTHY to be PRAISED - halal (ha-lal)!" This means to praise with a loud voice or to cause to shine. The Light of our Lord is illuminated by our praises. By that,I mean He responds in a mighty way when we call upon Him in adoration - not focusing on our needs, but focusing on Him - recognizing the wonders of His love, honoring Him for Who He is and for Him alone. King David says that if I will call upon the Lord, and praise Him, I will be saved from my enemies.

Who is your enemy today? Is it a financial crisis, a terminal or chronic disease? Are you struggling in your marriage or with a prodigal child? Maybe your enemy is named depression or anger.

Whatever your enemy is named - when you praise the Lord, you will be saved, set free. You will be high and lifted up into His Presence. Your praises will cause His Light to shine upon the darkness, exposing the enemy within.

And that is the first step to victory.

Father God, I DO love You. You, O Lord, are my strength! You are my refuge, my shelter from the storm. My heart sings Your praise for You alone are worthy to be praised. Thank You for Your mighty power. Thank You for Your love.

No comments :

Post a Comment