Saturday, May 29, 2010

Seek First His Kingdom

"But seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."
(Matthew 6:33)


What things? What things will be added to us if we seek the Kingdom of God first?

The answer is everything that we have need of - food, clothing, finances - all the physical things that sustain our physical life.

But I would like for you to dig a little deeper. I would like for us to change our emphasis of understanding.

In the past , whenever I was worried about how we would make ends meet, I would be reminded of this verse - nothing wrong with that! But the Lord has shown me that I need to change my emphasis when I stand on this promise.

Instead of "But seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, AND ALL THESE THINGS SHALL BE ADDED TO YOU," our focus should be "BUT SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD, and all these things shall be added to you."

Do you see the difference? It's remarkable how just a simple little tweak helps us hear His voice more....thinking about Him instead of about me.

Same words. Same promise. New emphasis.

Lord, thank You for teaching me this simple lesson. We are all about our physical needs; You are all about our spirit and the things of eternity. Your mercy is very great, and Your understanding of our thoughts and emotions is absolutely wonderful. You have shown me that we miss so much when we take Your Word at face value. Open our ears to hear Your voice as You teach us and strengthen our faith. I love You, Lord.

No comments :

Post a Comment